Stir thoroughly before using, do not shake.
Seal with Mohawk Waterborne Pre-Catalyzed Sealer (M/MA640-21007) or
Waterborne Wood Tone Sealer (M641-2400) if used over stain colors, to add warmth.
Allow 30-45 minutes to dry before sanding with 320 grit sandpaper.
Waterborne Pre-Catalyzed Lacquer may also be used as its own sealer.
Apply Waterborne Pre-Catalyzed Lacquer in light, even coats of 3-4 wet mils.
Always scuff sand previous coat with 320 grit sandpaper and remove
any sanding dust from the surface before applying any additional coats.
Total finishing system, including sealer and topcoats, should not exceed 4 dry mils.
Waterborne sealers and finishes are high solids, quick building products.
Excessive finish build can lead to a cloudy finish especially in lower sheens,
cracking, cold checking and other finish failures.
Waterborne Pre-Catalyzed Sealer and/or topcoat may be tinted with
Waterborne Colorants not to exceed 10% addition by volume.
Protect from freezing.
If product has frozen and appears unusable, place product at room temperature
(minimum 70 degrees F) for 48 hours then add 1% water by volume to reduce viscosity.
Waterborne Pre-Catalyzed Lacquer is manufactured at spray viscosity.
Small amounts of clean water may be used if further reduction is necessary.
Begin with 1 ounce per gallon and add additional water if necessary. Do not exceed 5%.
Strain product before use for best results.
Always use a Mohawk Waterborne Sealer under lower sheens (40 or below)
in order to reduce the risk of cloudy looking film
that is sometimes caused by excessive build of lower sheen coatings.
For results that resemble the looks of a traditional solvent coating,
use Mohawk Waterborne Wood Tone Sealer (M641-2400), especially if applied over a dark stain color.
Always do a sample panel to test results of mixture prior to applying on the actual work.
Stainless steel spray equipment is recommended to avoid iron contamination (discoloration).
Flush equipment and fluid lines after use with warm tap water.
Remove sanding dust after sanding.
Do not use a tack cloth to remove sanding dust.
Sanding dust should be removed with a dry cloth or compressed air.
• Technology -- Waterborne Acrylic
• Color -- Appears milky; Dries Clear
• Viscosity – 16-20 #3 Signature Zahn Cup
• Solids by Volume -- 32.60 ±1%
• Solids by Weight -- 34.89 ±1%
• Coating VOC (g/l as packaged) -- 170.07 g/l
• Material VOC (g/l) -- 67.30 g/l
• Material VOC (Lb/Gal) -- 0.56 lbs/gal
• Spread Rate -- 522.94 sq. ft./gal @ 1.0 mil DFT (no loss)
• Reducer -- Ready to Spray - Use Water As Needed 5% max
• Retarder -- Propylene Glycol if Needed, 2-4 oz Per Gallon
• Air Dry -- 20 Minutes to Handle
• Shelf-Life (Unopened) -- 12 months
• Recoat -- Dry Minimum 1 Hour, - Scuff Sand Prior To Recoat
• PH -- 7.90 8.40